200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification
Prerequisite for 200 hours of Yoga Teacher Training: Yoga Exercise Specialist Certification ( YES I/II). You can start the online live Yoga Teacher Training – a 200-hour program after completing Part I: YES and you will need to complete Part II before receiving your final certification certificate. 200 Hours Teacher Training is taught in a Hybrid class structure with live Zoom lectures and in-person practicum classes. This course is also open to Yoga teachers who started their training in another school and would like to complete it. Proof of previous courses taken is needed in order to transfer credits.
Cost/per weekend: $330 plus HST or $373 All Manuals & additional handouts Included. To register for our next YES I course ( pre-requisite ) that starts Saturday, March 9th and Sunday, March 10th 2024 click below. To complete 200 hour modules for 2023 check below under specific courses.
All manuals are part of East to west Yoga and Pilates curriculum
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification Syllabus
Next Training starts: Spring 2024
March 9/10 2024
|YES I ( pre requisite)
|9AM – 7PM
|9 AM – 7PM
|Course Instructor: Eloisa (Elle) Slimmon
Certified and registered Yoga Teacher, EWYT, ERYT500 Certified Pilates Mat Instructor, East to West Yoga and Pilates Certified Pilates Mat Instructor, Physical/Mind Institute, Certified Pre and Post Natal Specialist, Pre natal Educator, CAPPA Doula, HypnoBirthing Practitioner, Fertility Consultant, Hormone Specilaist, Advanced Yoga training in Classical Hatha, Ashtanga and Restorative. Currently Studying Acupncture and Chinese medicine.
|All Course Manuals for 200 Hour Yoga training created and written by Susie Dias
Course Date Teaching Schedule -Live ZOOM Training 2022
Saturdays and Sundays 9 AM – 7 PM
3rd or 4th weekend each month January – September 2022
Cost : $330 + HST per /weekend
Total Course Hours: 200 hours (20 hours each weekend)
Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus:
WEEKEND 1: April 6/7 2024
ADVANCED YOGA ANATOMY FOR TEACHERS – In person training or live Zoom lecture
- Learn to assess alignment in your students during yoga practice.
- Understand muscle action and cue bone alignment in Yogasana.
- Explore through yoga practice, using props how movement principles act in the body
Learn how to assess range of motion.
WEEKEND 2: May 4/5
YOGA TEACHING METHODOLOGY I – continuation of YES I Saturday in studio, Sunday Online lecture
- Learn postures in standing, balancing, kneeling, seated, reclining and prone backbend positions
- Review how to teach a Hatha Yoga class using a template for class planning
- Gain the opportunity to practice teach Hatha Yoga postures
- Learn the use and purpose of props such as bolsters , straps walls etc in Yoga asana
- Discover how to release tension and increase capacity in a variety of yoga postures using props
- Basic Sanskrit for Yoga Teachers
- Explore the Sanskrit alphabet and pronunciation
- Learn the meaning of the names of yoga asanas
- Practice and memorize the asana names and pronunciation
WEEKEND 3: June 8/9 2024
YOGA TEACHING METHODOLOGY 2 – Intro to Vinyasa Yoga (Saturday) in person Sunday Online lecture
Introduction and fundamentals of Vinyasa sequencing
- Learn posture families and how to use this concept when sequencing a Yoga class.
- Yoga Teaching Practicum (Sunday)
- In this course you will take two Hatha Yoga classes based on posture family theory.
- You will review the class plan so that you are prepared to teach each of these classes as part of your Yoga teaching repetoire
- You will also discover how to incorporate the same principles into a Vinyasa class plan.
- Use of Voice and Language for Yoga Teachers (Sunday)
- Physiology of proper vocal production
- Discover how to communicate effectively too students
- Gain the ability to use positive language in cueing
WEEKEND 4: July 13-14 2024
VINYASA YOGA SEQUENCING in person at studio Saturday
- Understand the dimensions and flows of a Vinyasa Yoga class
- Learn Vinyasa Yoga sequencing
- Explore class designs, sequence and practice teaching
WEEKEND 5: August 17/18 2024
PRANAYAMA: Path to Unlimited Energy Saturday online via Zoom or in person
- Examine the Physiology of breathing
- Explore breath control in yoga
- Learn exercises to improve respiration
- Understand use and purpose of Pranayamas, bandhas, and mudras
YOGA TEACHING PRACTICUM Sunday in person
- Participate in Hatha Yoga classes based on posture family theory
- Review and break down class plans and sequences according to theory
Learn to incorporate these same principles into Vinyasa class structure to foster practical teaching application
AYURVEDA AND NUTRITION (Sunday) Online Lecture Zoom
- Learn and understand the physiology of digestive and circulatory systems
- Explore the principles and applications of Ayurveda
- Understand healthful nutrition and mindfulness in eating
WEEKEND 6: September 14-15 2024
RAJA YOGA – Taming the Mind for Inner Peace -Saturday online lecture via Zoom
RajaYoga is the branch of yoga that emphasizes settling the mind to stillness.
- Study brain, nervous and endocrine system physiology
- Understand basic psychology theory
- Learn to balance the nervous and endocrine systems: minimize the effects of psychological stress; create mental well-being with practice of Yoga concepts
- Explore the history and philosophy of Yoga
- Learn to practice various meditation methods to quiet internal thoughts and instil greater peace in the mind.
ADVANCING YOGA POSTURES / ASANAS Sunday- in person in studio
- Understand the various uses of breathing
- Learn the use of micro-movement, visualizations and introduction to affirmations/mantras
- Explore advanced postures and variations of postures
- Advance postures with props
MANTRA IN YOGA (Sunday)
- Discover mantras and use of affirmations to affect positive changes in life
- Enjoy the practice of kirtan or devotional chanting from the Bhakti Yoga tradition.
- Learn how to do Japa meditation using japa beads or hand counting method.
WEEKEND 7: October 5- 6 2024
HATHA YOGA SEQUENCING
- Review the ‘Classical Hatha’ sequencing template and group practice 5 sample classes
- Analyse the template plan assessment and practice class planning group sessions that you will prepare to record separately
- Develop the ability to integrate anatomy-based physical themes
- Learn to use philosophical/poetic concepts or themes in Hatha and Vinyasa class sequencing
WEEKEND 8: November 2-3 2024
CHAKRA YOGA -Energy Healing for Total Health Saturday – In person
- Understand chakras and subtle body energy systems of the human system
- Experience and learn Inner healing and group healing practices
- Study the physiology of the immune system
- Learn Kriya Yoga or subtle energy meditation practices
BUSINESS OF YOGA -Putting Yoga into Business -Sunday live lecture via Zoom
- Discover how to tap into yoga consciousness in business practices.
- Develop the ability to set goals and manifest results.
- Learn marketing strategies and business skills for building a yoga teaching career and/or studio business.
IMPORTANCE OF YOGA /SADHANA or PERSONAL PRACTICE Sunday- in person
- Explore the importance of a personal practice or sadhana
- Learn to create a practice that is right for you
- Discover how to support personal growth and development on the yogic path
To Register or for More Information call: 416-879-0711.